Friday, March 20, 2009

Aren't Children Wonderful?!

I just announced to my four little friends that I would be leaving in a little while for a weekend trip with my hubby. Of course, they just assumed they would be coming too, and immediately started making preparations.

The 3 yr old got two rolls of cookie dough out of the fridge, because we would definitely need something to eat on the way.

My 4 yr old niece started packing her suitcase. This is what she put in:

1 pair of pajamas
2 aprons
1 pair of leggins
1 pair of panties
1 pair of tights
1 pair of socks

and what's that?

half a banana in a ziploc bag!
We couldn't live without that, for sure!


Well, I decided it was time to tell them they wouldn't be coming along this time,
but they would have a wonderful time with their father.

They took it in stride pretty good. (They've grown accustomed to predicting the unpredictable when it comes to their consistently inconsistent aunt.)

I went into my room to finish packing. A few minutes later, my 6 yr old friend came in. She had tears in her eyes, and I could tell she was trying to be brave. (She always gets a little emotional when I leave her.) But she managed to say, without her voice cracking, "I'm gonna miss you, and I made a snack for you to take with you."

Oh, how can I leave her now? It makes me want to cry, too.
But I just know they will have a wonderful weekend with their father. As soon as he walks in the door, they'll be all right. I've always been second place to him.


Oh, and I just about forgot to show you this snack.


1 apple
7 baby carrots
1 string cheese
9 sausage links (heated to perfection)

2 comments:

  1. I love your snack. That is so adorable. And I also love how your 4 year old niece thought that 3 aprons were required attire for the weekend trip. Hillarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny and oddly familiar!

    ReplyDelete