Friday, March 27, 2009

Brotherly Love

My husband is very creative. He thinks outside the box. He thinks big.
He has been putting together his own custom design trailer. It will carry all the tools he will ever need for a lifetime, and then some.
Now, I personally think he is very talented. Talented in managing this trailer. You see, he doesn't have a big truck. Just a big trailer. So....the talent comes in when he bribes his little brother to pull it with his big truck.

Listen to this talent.
Big brother: "Hey, I need you to pull my trailer home for me."
Little brother: "....long pause..hesitate...hesitate...long pause..."
Big brother: "It's ready to go, all you have to do is hook on, and drive away."
Little brother: "It's all ready? Well, maybe I can."

Big brother leaves. A few minutes later, little brother calls.

Little brother: "Hey, did you want this level off your trailer, or should I just hook on and let it fall off on the way?"
Big brother: "Oh, put it in that toolbox, will ya?"
Little brother: " Okay, just checkin'. Hey, is this thing gonna blow a tire?"
Big brother: "I don't think so."
Little brother: " Do you promise it's not gonna blow a tire?"
Big brother: "Well, I don't want to make promises I can't keep. I really don't think it will blow a tire, but I'll promise you this, if it does, I'll be there to help you fix it."
Little brother: "Alright."

About 15 minutes later, little brother calls again. He just pulled off the freeway, and he has a blown tire. You've got to be kidding! I thought maybe it was a joke. Little brother is just pulling a fast one on you, just to get you back. But no, Little Brother insists that he needs help, and you'd better keep your promise.

So here we are, sitting off the freeway, with a real, true to life blown tire on this very special trailer.

But look at the bright side, I have a few minutes to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment